Dress Code 2021
From September 2020 we modified our Sixth Form dress code in response to the COVID pandemic. We allowed more flexibility with clothing, so that students were able to wash clothes more frequently and walk or cycle to school whenever possible. We have always been proud of the smartness of our students and the respect that this engenders from the community, so as COVID restrictions ease we plan to return to a smarter dress code.
For the school year beginning September 2021, our revised dress code will be as follows:
Students should wear clothing that is smart and in keeping with a working and school environment. No clothing should cause offence and all must meet Health & Safety requirements.
The following should be worn in school:
- Smart trousers or skirt or dress.
- Smart shirt/top
- Jacket or jumper or cardigan
- Smart shoes
The following should not be worn in school:
- Sports wear, including track suits and joggers
- Denim, including jeans and jackets
- Cargo trousers
- Any clothing with slogans or other writing
- Low cut or strappy vest tops
- Very short skirts (should be below the fingertips when standing with arms by the sides)
- Hats of any kind
- Torn or ripped clothing
- Extreme piercings
This is not an exhaustive list and the Sixth Form Team will make judgments based on their view of an individual’s clothing. Any student who is deemed inappropriately dressed will be asked to go home to change.